After a year of virtual meetings, you might be used to going straight to the point. And that is great to make your meetings as effective as possible, but it’s also important to rewind and reconnect with your team members on a more personal level.
A good icebreaker or energiser will help you set the mood, loosen people up and maybe you’ll even learn something you don’t know about your team members yet.
Here are 3 quick pre-meeting energiser ideas:
- Start the meeting on a positive note. Let everyone:
- Highlight one thing they’re grateful for
- Give a shout-out to someone in the team
- Ask a random question of the week/month, e.g. What would be your superpower if you had one?
- Take a group portrait with different attributes every time (and ask your team to take turns at coming up with a new attribute). It can be a coffee mug, a pet, a hat, a hand gesture, and it can get more creative every week. This also gives you great material to share on social media.
Here’s to teams who connect on a personal level!
PS: here are some fun, short activities that can spice up any meeting or event