There’s only one Employee Appreciation Day per year and even though our employees earn decent salaries, should we show appreciation more regularly?
It’s good to give recognition on a regular basis to increase motivation and morale. To do that, be consistent and set specific, actionable goals. It’s a good idea to follow a simple process weekly, monthly or quarterly.
Here are 7 top recognition goals you should set today:
- Make a note of positive behaviour when you notice it.
- Say thanks or congratulations every time someone delivers something good.
- Send a special thanks message weekly or monthly to thank your employees for that period’s efforts and successes.
- Give one or more shout-outs at your weekly staff meeting.
- Create a positive work environment by stimulating positive conversations and doing something about negative feedback.
- Encourage recognition giving and stimulate shout-outs and constructive feedback.
- Ask for help for accountability. You need accountability to be consistent with recognition giving. Create a feedback group of 3 buddies so you are not just accountable for yourself.